Biomaterials Conference offers a great opportunity for both researchers and industry players to come together and gain better knowledge, find new business partners, discover possible synergies or sector crossovers and get clued up on all recent developments in the field of biomaterials. Biomaterials science have benefited from the advances in multidisciplinary approach of medical, engineering and physical sciences.
Biomaterials have been a growing field of interest for over half a century, spanning industries as diverse as medicine, biology, chemistry, materials science and through to engineering. Biomaterials can be used for clinical purposes, drug discovery, or to further understand tissue and organ development. Another area of concern is the biomaterial polymers market as there is a need for more research and development into biodegradable and bio-compatible polymers. One of the many fascinating areas, where biomaterials can be applied is in new dental materials and diagnostic tools. Bioengineering, another prominent area of research, not only includes biomaterials but also biomechanics. It has also been gathering momentum with research encompassing the fields of biomechanics of the hand and wrist, gait analysis and orthopaedics. However, the interaction of cells and biomaterial surfaces is of fundamental relevance that significantly contributes to the clinical success of implants. It is reported that orthopaedic, musculoskeletal and spine segment will grow significantly in the worldwide medical devices market. Other important segments are products related to dental, cardiology & vascular, skin and cancer treatments. It is expected that the innovative biomaterials market reach US$139 billion globally by year 2022 growing at a CAGR of 11.8%. A latest market research claims an "increasing usage of implantable products and growing awareness of biomaterials application in emerging economies fuels the growth of the biomaterials market". Innovative biomaterials based technologies for diverse applications are expected to significantly benefit the end user i.e. the Society
Call for Papers
The scientific event offers a best platform with its well organized scientific program to the audience which includes interactive panel discussions, keynote lectures, plenary talks and poster presentations on the below sessions. The Call for Papers for this conference is now open. Researchers from academia and industry are invited to submit abstracts.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 21 November 2017 | Early Bird Registration: 30 November 2017
- Design of Novel Functional Biomaterials
- Wound healing, Ophthalmic and Anti infective Biomaterials
- Advances in Regenerative Technologies
- Advances in 3D printing of Biomaterials
- Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Commercialization Aspects of Tissue Engineered Products
- Artificial Organs Technologies
- Cell-Material Interaction
- Biocompatibility of Nanomaterials – Cellular Signaling
- Drug Delivery – Micro – Nanotechnologies
- Therapeutic and Diagnostic Delivery
- Cardiovascular Devices: Need, Research and Market
- Advanced Dental Materials: Clinical Solutions
- Musculoskeletal Materials and Implants
- Materials in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Clinical and Translation Research
- Biological Substitutes and Biodegradable Implants
- Naturally derived materials and biopolymers
- Patient-specific Implant Manufacturing
- Industry-Institute Interactive Session
- Young Scientists Forum
- APSAO session (Clinical session on Artificial Organs)
- Advanced Biomaterials
- Polymer Biomaterials
- Properties of Biomaterials
- Biomaterials Applications, Biomaterials Companies and Market Analysis
- Biomaterials in Delivery Systems
- Biomaterials in Biological Engineering
- Bio-based Materials and Sustainability
- Biomaterials in Delivery Systems
- Entrepreneurs Investment Meet
Prof. Bharat Bhushan
John Glenn College of Public Affairs,The Ohio State University,USA.
Centre for Biocomposites and Biomaterials Processing,University of Toronto.
Lee D. Wilson
University of Saskatchewan,110 Science Place, Saskatoon,SK.Canada.
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela,Rourkela,Orissa,INDIA.
Rana Imani, Ph.D.
Amirkabir University of Technology,Iran.
University College London, UK
View session wise speaker sessions below.
Note: The shedule of speakers and their order of talks are subject to changes.
Get here on time, it's first come first serve. Be late, get turned away.
Get ready for an exciting event.
Venue Address Will be updated Soon...
London, the capital of England and the United Kingdom, is a 21st-century city with history stretching back to Roman times. At its centre stand the imposing Houses of Parliament, the iconic 'Big Ben' clock tower and Westminster Abbey, site of British monarch coronations. Across the Thames River, the London Eye observation wheel provides panoramic views of the South Bank cultural complex, and the entire city.